Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Return of the Small Screen

Two Christmases ago I got a new TV. It was a 25" Insignia.
It had many issues. It could not keep time, it had some weird "pixel" problems, and I could not use a universal remote with it.
About a month ago, the picture started getting fuzzy. Eventually, it seemed to clear up. However.. last week...it died....... sort of.
There was no picture. Though, the OSD stuff still worked, as did the audio.
I could listen to shows... and oddly enough... I could see the closed captions.

This was interesting for a while, but I grew out of it.
Today I replaced it with my old TV, which I still had stowed away. My old Samsung 13".
It works fantastically. The picture is clear and vibrant.
The only drawback is that it has no auxiliary inputs. The bigger TV had three.

I think I shall keep this TV for a while until I decide to buy another. Then, I shall keep it still... just in case. Oddly enough, my next Television purchase... I was planning for it to be a Samsung. Things are swell.

On that note... I was looking at TVs yesterday.
I saw a TV with the "SDTV" symbol on it. I had never seen this. I thought it had something to do with S-Video, but no. It was a marketing ploy. "Standard Definition TeleVision". They gave it a fancy logo looking very similar to the typical "HDTV" thing you might see. I thought it was both genius and ethically objectionable at the same time.

Yeah. Weird. I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home