Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, September 25, 2006

The Little Shrine


Well, I decided to create a small shrine for Gibbet. I don't really have a good reason for this, it is just something I felt like doing since I had some extra stuff lying around.
We had a bunch of old solar-charged landscaping lights in the garage. We pulled them out of the yard when Katrina was coming and never put them back.
Of course, all of the batteries were completely depleted. Luckily, they were NiCD, so they were able to take a charge again... most of them.... the ones that were not damaged.
Unfortunately, when I decided to set them up, there was no where near enough time for me to charge them up before the sun went down, so I put some brand new batteries in a couple of them for the first night. I replaced them early the next morning because ... well... they were Alkaline, and you cannot recharge those. I used some work lights to try to super charge several of the lights. It actually worked. I think I got the batteries pretty well charged.
So.. I know this seems cheesy... but I used to always have some sort of little night light for Gibbet. Now she still has one.
The lights shall charge their batteries every day in the sunlight, and bright up her gravesite each evening....
until my parents decide to take the lights away and use them for the walkway again.
The only thing I am concerned with is that there is a lot of shade in that region during various times of day, but it should still be OK.
As of yet, the grave has not gone unbrightened.
Whoo hoo.

Yeah, I know. Pathetic, right?
Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home