Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bailout Woes

Many people reading this would already know that I was never a supporter of the $700 Billion bailout plan that Congress passed a few weeks back. In fact, I called my congressman to berate him for voting for it when it seemed none of his constituents supported it.

Now, I am met with more news that angers me further.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/12/campbell.brown.bailout/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

So, they plan to change how to spend the money. Paulson states that the facts have changed since the bailout was passed. Instead of spending the money on failing mortgages, they are instead going to buy stock in banks.

There are so many things wrong with this plan, especially considering this seems to be the Government's long-term plan to control everything.

What concerns me the most, though, is the fact that it seems that our government passed a bill to spend over $700 Billion without actually doing any research into why they were doing it. They just passed it.

Nothing like this should ever be passed without the proper research, and all congresspersons (including Senators) that voted in favor of the bill should be ashamed of themselves.

That's my 2 cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home