Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stride Permamint Gum



Today I received notice from my mother that I had received a package in the mail at her house. I decided to stop by after work to pick it up, thinking that maybe someone had mailed a gift for the baby. Though, when my mother handed me the package, she mentioned that it had a funny smell.

I decided to check the smell, and it almost seemed to have a bit of a minty scent. This was a little confusing. The person from whom it came was listed as "Cadbury Adams". I did not immediately recognize the name, nor the sender's address. My mom became a little anxious as I decided to open the package. To help keep her at ease, I decided to open it very carefully... "just in case".

So anyway, I get the package open, and inside I find a letter with a giant Stride logo on it. It immediately dawned on me that I had entered a contest many months back to "Rename Stride Non-Stop Mint". The contest prizes promised a substantial chunk of change, and a year's supply of gum. For some reason, I felt this was worth a shot.



I decided to submit several names that I could think of for their "Non-Stop Mint". I cannot remember what all of them were now. Not long after entering the contest, I received an email from the company stating that they were forced to end the contest early, and they apologized. (I found another blog poster who mentioned this too...)
Here is the text of the first email I received:


Thank you for your entry and for your enthusiasm around our Rename Nonstop Mint™ contest. Your Nonstop Mint™ name idea was awesome, but we had a technical glitch in connection with the selection of the finalists and therefore, had to close the voting and the contest.

We are really sorry about this, especially after we saw such energy for the contest, with you and all our STRIDE® fans.

We are still going to give away great stuff and money – and more than you thought. We will be conducting a drawing among all those who submitted names, and five people randomly selected each will get $25,000. Yup, you read that right – you are eligible. Stay tuned, and we will reveal those people shortly.

We are also sending you – and all the other folks who submitted the same names as the finalists (because yes, it seems great STRIDE® minds thought alike) – custom packs of Nonstop Mint™ featuring one of the ten final names that most resemble yours. Those custom packs (there will be 12-packs of Stride gum in a box) will be ready in about six-to-eight weeks.

We hate to spit out our own contest, so we really appreciate you sticking with us.

- STRIDE MARKETING TEAM


As it turns out, I must have chose a name similar to that of one of the finalists.
They sent me 12 packs (each containing 14 pieces of gum) with one of the names I chose.....

Permamint



Hurray! Free Gum.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also chose permamint, maybe it occurred to them that many people had chosen the name.

10:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exact same thing happened to me as well. i also chose permamint. and didnt win 25k. angry. but yay gum.

8:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got the gum in my mailbox too, and like the rest, I chose permamint as the name.

5:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just got mine 2day..same thing..permamint for the win

11:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got mine today. permamint. its still cool to see the name on the side on the package.

8:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I chose Permamint too. I thought I was a genius. It turns out we're all geniuses. Where's my 10 grand?

1:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i chose it, too, but too late. Hope one of you early submitters win!!

12:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually got 2 cases in the mail, one is Permamint and the other is Infimint. I'm still looking for the winners list for the $25,000.

7:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah wow I submitted the same name, not so creative after all. Im looking at my customized box of Permamint gum as we speak

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home