Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Delayed Wishes

Sometime around midnight-ish on Monday night, I sent out a blanket text message wishing numerous people "Happy New Year!"
It became clear to me today that the message I sent was not actually sent when I thought it was sent. I was about to leave to get a haircut when I accidentally dropped my phone. I had to then put it back together, and let it boot while I went to my car to head to get my haircut. I would say it was probably no more than 2-3 minutes after the drop when my phone started vibrating.
Was it a call? No.
Was it a text message? No.
It was a notification that my message was sent. My immediate thought was, "What message?" I thought this was very odd, but just shrugged it off.... until about 30 seconds later when I started receiving various responses of a "Happy New Year to You Too!" type of plot.
I guess my New Year's wishes just got sent today. Oh well. At least they finally got sent out. Though, it makes me wonder if all the intended recipients got the message.
I will probably never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home