Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Gibbet the Guardian Ferret

I have often joked that Gibbet is my guardian ferret. Many times in the past I have stated that she protects my bedroom.
I found out today..... I was right.

I decided to try to get Gibbet and Rusty to play again. It did not work out so well. Gibbet hopped on Rusty's back. At first, I was thinking back to what Kacey said about this being her way of playing, so I let it slide. Then she sunk her teeth into his back. Rusty yelped and ran off. I reprimanded Gibbet.

Then, I just let them go their separate ways. I put Gibbet in the room for a bit, she went into the cage to get some water and a bite to eat. She relaxed. She knew she was safe. The door was protecting her. Then I opened the door some. Typically...she would bolt out and go play, but I guess she was still in "guard mode". She took position at the opening of the door and just stayed there....waiting. Eventually, Rusty came exploring. She held her ground. She just stood there.....waiting. Then...Rusty got a little "too" close to her territory. She lunged at his leg and bit right into it. It was actually kindof funny until I noticed it was actually physically damaging.
Rusty was slightly injured.
I am guessing, had I not pulled Gibbet away, he would be much worse.

Oh well.
Gibbet, the cute, yet vicious guardian ferret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home