Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Annual New Year's Tradition

Ok, so Thursday I drove around town a lot.
In the morning, I drove North to CTS to take a technical exam. I came home for a bit then headed downtown to Pelican360. Well...While I was driving downtown, my car died.
I was pulling up to a red light when the engine started sputtering and eventually just shut off.
I put the car in Neutral and tried to crank it. It cranked fine. So, I figured this was a fluke.
I put the car in Drive and it died again.
Meanwhile....the light turns green...and the people behind me start to get pissed.
I turn on my hazard lights. (Flashers, as I call them).
I continue to try getting my car to crank, but every time I put it into gear it shuts off.
Eventually...I get it to stay running, and I drive off.
At the next red light...it died again.
I am trying to figure out why.
This time, it took a lot longer to get it to stay running again.
After finally getting it running, I decided to pull off the road.
I turn into a neighborhood...and suddenly, my car seems to be working fine.
I sit there for a while...just to make sure it is fine.
After a few minutes, I move on to see if it will work fine.
It does. I make it to Pelican.
An hour later, I leave and start my trek home.
I am worried the car will die again.
I reach the home stretch and start to think I am safe.
Then...out of the blue...the car died at the intersection of Azalea and Michael Blvd.
It took a few tries to get it working again.

SO....
I guess I shall take the car to get some work done.

THIS is my annual tradition.
Without fail, each year I am forced to spend or pre-spend my tax refund on my car.

I really hope I get a nice job so I can afford to just get a new car.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home