Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

eBay Name Change

I was trying to see if it would be feasibly possible to change my eBay user name. The reason for this is because my old user name is...well...old. I do not really like it any more.
Well, I tried to see if Flibbertigibbet was available.
It wasn't. I decided to see if Phlibbertigibbet was available.
I figured it would take me to a confirmation page before actually changing the name I have had for 5 years.
It didn't.
What I got...was an error page with lots of gibberish on it. Well, it was not really gibberish. It was just bad script.
It told me I should try going to the Home Page or at least not use bookmarks in the future.
I thought this was odd.
So...I went to the home page.
I logged in, again. I logged in using my old name.
When I clicked on "My eBay", I got my normal listing...
except that this time...my new name was listed.
So, apparently, the name change went through without any kind of verification.
Now...I guess I am kindof happy. Though, I was hoping for a confirmation, because that would have given me one last chance to stop myself.
I want to change it to something else now. ... Now I have to wait a month to do so.

Still...hopefully things are looking up for me.
I am confident my plan to raise money for charity (and some for myself) will work.
I just have to get on with the plan.
I shall begin working on the websites tonight. I hope to finish them up either Tuesday or Thursday (my days off). Then I can start trying to generate revenue with them.
I intend to raise lots of money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and maybe St. Jude's Medical Center. .... As well as many others.

My plan to generate an army of Google Loyalists may be altered. I was planning to charge for membership....which could get me into a lot of trouble. I think I will just have the site and try to get donations to keep it running. I need to work on my programming skills so I can have the pages automatically update.

I shall list more details once they become available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home