Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'd've

I am wondering...
is the following word in the English language? :
I'd've

We have I'd (I would)
We have I've (I have)
We have would've (would have)
but I have never seen I'd've anywhere. (I would have).

...

~~~Edit~~~
This morning I thought about some others.
I'll've (I will have)
won't've (will not have)
She'd've (she would have)
he'd've (he would have)
she'll've (she will have)
he'll've (he will have)
you'd've (you would have)
you'll've (you will have)
they'd've (they would have)
they'll've (they will have)
it'd've (it would have)
it'll've (it will have)

and...if you think about it... what if you add in formes of "haven't" and "wouldn't"?

Examples:

I'd'nt've (I would not have)
I've'nt (I have not)
I'd've'nt (I would have not)

This stuff could get insane. Could you imagine?

~~~END Edit~~~
...

Something else.
I just saw a local commercial for advertising on MediaCOM channel 27. This would not seem so weird if not for the fact that this commercial was aired on COMCAST Cable. Comcast is in complete control of their local and regional advertising time, so why on EARTH would they use their time to allow MediaCOM to solicit advertising on a channel that DOES NOT EXIST on Comcast. Comcast does not cover the "Gulf Coast Network". MediaCOM might, Comcast does not...at least not in this area.
Strange indeed.

...
Anyway, I do not feel like typing much of anything else right now. I am so tired. Think I will lay down and watch [adult swim] for a little while.

1 Comments:

Blogger MadDogGTO said...

As for all the words, they are here in the South. And we will continue to make up words so that we can get out as much or more information with less and less actual conversation.

Channel 27 does exist on MediaCom. From what I can tell its nonstop commercials. I don't think I have ever seen a show on it, though I don't watch it much. In fact its on now and this is the longest I have ever had it on.

9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home