Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Protests and Such

Well, I got off work a little bit ago. I came home and nuked an old TV Dinner I found in the freezer. I did not have enough energy to fire up the grill and cook a hamburger.........though I wanted one. Maybe next time.
Anyway...I was reading the news and found out about more of those stupid Mohammed cartoon protests. Any protest in which someone dies is a bad protest. The more I hear about violence, the more I begin to lose respect for the religion.
Last week I had a discussing with a Muslim friend of mine. He brought up the protests, and I mentioned something about how it is stupid that they are burning buildings and killing people.
His response was a question... "How would you feel if someone had posted a cartoon of YOUR father?" To which, I replied, "I'm not going to go torching buildings and destroying property."
I cannot understand how they justify this, meanwhile HE cannot understand why I cannot understand how they justify this. To them, this makes perfect sense.
However...I would not mind someone from this religion pointing out to me the exact part of the Koran that states that you should kill people if a cartoon gets published.
I am aware that the Bible has similar punishments for certain forms of blasphemy or sin, but most of the Christian world has become civilized. These blasted third-world Islamic Muslim people are just making themselves look bad.

...
Ribs tomorrow! Heck yeah. About 12 hours and counting.
Oh yeah, as it turns out...I may actually be going to a Mardi Gras ball this year. In fact...it is next Sunday.
It was extremely short notice. Though, I agreed, like a month ago, to be a backup date for this girl. As it turns out, she needs the backup.
I wonder if I can still get a Tux in time.
...
I have lost the will to continue blogging.
Goodbye for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know there isn't a big difference between Christian's and Muslim's Commandments beside one principle: "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth".
Christianity has opposite position:"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself". THAT'S the differance.

1:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home