Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Fixedfront Valley

Since Brokeback Mountain opened in Mobile, there has been one guy that has been to Hollywood to see it every evening. He has also watched it at Wynnsong, though I am uncertain if he has been there every day too. Anyway...he has been to Hollywood every night since the movie opened. He knows we recognize him. He even jokes about the fact that he has seen it so many times.
Today when he came to get his ticket he asked when we would be pulling the movie. I told him we would probably still have it another week.
I thought he was planning to come see it next week, but he was actually trying to find out when the movie would be leaving so he could possibly get a poster for it.
As it turns out, the movies is basically "the story of his life"...except that he actually dumped his mate after 16 years.
I decided to get a poster for him. I got it ready for him as he was watching the rest of his movie. I gave it to him as he was leaving and told him I had another one if he wanted it. He seemed happy. Well, my cell phone rang. Normally, I would not answer my phone in front of customers...but he was pretty much the last guy left in the building....and I was trying to avoid the awkwardness of walking across the building with the guy. I decided to answer it. It was my best friend Tam. I do not know what possessed me to do this, but I answered with "Hey, Hon."
THIS...I think, pissed off the Brokeback guy. I believe he was upset that I was flaunting my heterosexuality in front of him. My friend seems to think that maybe the guy had a crush on me and got upset when he found out I was taken.
I find that funny. Well, regardless, the guy did not seem as happy after my little phone call.

On a humorous note, my boss mentioned something to me the other day. I decided to search for it. Check THIS out. Brokeback to the Future.
It is on a lot of different sites.
Just f'n Google it if this link fails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home