Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My Name is Matt

Karma is real.
I have actually always believed it, but I never really thought about it too much.
In most cases, I try to treat people nicely.
I know I have had a few slipups, but I am only human.

In watching "My Name is Earl", it really makes you think about how you treat others.
Last night I had a real My Name is Earl Moment.
I walked into WalMart to get some black socks. Walking in, for some reason, I felt this weird vibe from somewhere near me. I looked over, and my attention immediately focused on the Dasani machine. Something about the machine seemed very odd. I shrugged it off and walked into WalMart.
After a little while of walking around and exploring. I decided to make my purchase and leave. As I walked out, I saw that machine again, and I decided to walk over to it.
Oddly enough, there were no options for "Dasani". It was mostly the standard options for a Coke Machine. Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, etc.
I immediately noticed TWO buttons for Cherry Coke. My focused shifted to the bottom button. I do not know why. It just seemed to be calling to me.
I bring this up for one main reason. I have recently been heavily craving a Cherry Coke. Unfortunately, the last two times I tried to purchase one from the machine at South, it was out. In many cases, I used to punch the machine and walk off. These times, I just shrugged it off and walked away.
I think this is what spawned this Cosmic Karma moment.
I said to myself, "Heck Yeah! Cherry Coke. I've got 50 cents, I will buy one."
I put in my money and hit that bottom button.
Immediately, I heard the sounds of the inner workings of the machine. You know, where you can hear it thunking around before it falls into the little bottom thing?
Well...I grabbed my Cherry Coke and turned around to walk off.
Then, I heard that thunking again. I turned around and the thunking continued. It went on for a few more seconds than it normally would if you were to actually make a purchase. THEN, I heard the unmistakable sound of a can hitting that bottom tray. It was another can of Cherry Coke. I stared at it for a moment. I immediately thought. "Wow, this is a My Name is Earl Moment." I just continued to stare at it for a moment. I pondered to myself whether or not I should take it or turn it in.
That is when I noticed the WalMart employee a few feet away. I picked up the can and offered the Coke to her. She declined, so I decided to keep it.
It just seemed weird. It seems very unlikely that a machine would put out two cans of something.

That's my story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home