Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Liar, Liar: Honesty = Best?

"The color of this pen is rrrrrroooooooooooooyyyyyaaaal bllluuuuuueeeeee."
Is honesty always the best policy?
I have problems lying to people. If I do, I pretty much always say "I'm just kidding" afterwards and tell them the truth.
I actually cannot remember the last time I lied to anyone about anything.
Sure, I like to exaggerate things sometimes or joke around, but people still get the main idea of things.

Ok, this "inabiltiy to lie" showed its face recently in a conversation with Misty.
A question was asked... and I was forced to say ... "Ummm... Well do you want me to lie to you or tell you the truth?"
"What was the question?", you ask?
Hmmm.

Well... I cannot remember the exact wording of the question, but it was basically along the lines of...
"When we first met, who did you think was more attractive. Me or my sister?"

As it turns out, I was more attracted to her sister.
As it turns out, I told her I was more attracted to her sister.
I then explained, though, that it was just a physical attraction.
I did not know anything about her sister.

Well... I felt weird.
She thought it was cute.

Nothing bad resulted from it, but I still feel stupid for saying it.
I blame the fact that I was half asleep. Next time perhaps I should use better judgement.

Well...
that's my embarrassing story for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home