Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Favorite Color

As some of you may know, my favorite color is Purple. A few Molly Ringwalds concerts ago, I was hanging out with a friend, enjoying some wonderful 80s music. Two girls decided to come and stand right in front of us and start dancing.

The one on the left was wearing a beautiful, shiny, Purple dress. She looked great. Her friend was taking lots of pictures and suddenly walked over to the bar to get a drink. My friend recognized someone else at the bar and went to talk to them. While he was there, he asked the blond friend what kind of camera she was using. She took this offensively for some reason. Her response to my friend was that it was a personal question and none of his business. ... I can only figure that maybe she misheard his question.

Anyway, back to the brunette in Purple...
When the song ended, and I could once-again hear myself think, I decided to speak to the girl in Purple. I tapped her on her shoulder to get her attention. I then said, "You know, Purple is my favorite color."

Her response was not something I would have expected. I may have expected "Mine too." or "Yeah, I really like this dress." No.... it was nothing like that. Instead, she said, "You know, I'm wearing Purple panties too." In hindsight, I can think of many great things to say in response to that, but at the time, I was a tad dumbfounded. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I remember it being something along the lines of "Wow, that's fascinating."

About that time, her friend returned with her drink and the music started again. When the concert ended, I shared the story with my friend. He thought it was funny.

I guess it was.

Still, all of this does not change the fact that my favorite color is Purple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home