Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Unexpected Invitation

I have a certain blood type, I don't think I have to mention its name... It allows me to give blood to anyone that needs it. Because of this, the Red Cross tends to lay on the pressure. They send me notices in the mail and call me every so often.

The most recent piece of mail was a little different. It was in the form of a birthday postcard. The special greeting?

"Celebrate your Birthday with us!" - American Red Cross

Of course, on the reverse side was the usual stuff about how my donations help save lives. However, in this case, it started in the form of a "Thank You" for allowing the hospital patients to celebrate another birthday.

I'll admit. It's starting to get creative. For instance, a couple of weeks ago I got a call from "Dr. Phil" telling me I should give blood. It was a recording, but oh well. In fact, I know the company that made the call on behalf of the Red Cross.

I wonder what they will think of next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home