Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Locked Out

Sometimes, when a series of events happens, it starts to make me think that there was a reason for it. I might not ever know what that reason is, but the events seem unlikely to be a coincidence

Ok, here's the setup:
Typically I carry around 2 sets of keys. One is for the buildings on my property... Like.. My house and garage. One is for the truck I am driving.
Ok, Well, I returned to work from lunch a few days ago. When the work day was complete, I started walking to the truck. I reached in to my pocket and realized I had the wrong keys. I searched all my pockets, no truck keys. Grrr.
I make it to the truck, and what is that sitting on the seat? My keys.
Well, I am locked out.

In my car, I would carry an extra key in my wallet, which I intend to do with this truck very soon. Unfortunately, my car does not work any more, and I cannot seem to afford to buy a new one. I still need to go out searching for a good used car some more.

Anyway, I make a call to my father to see if he could bring me the extra set of keys for the truck. I did not get an answer. So, I called my mother to make sure I was dialing the right number for my father (he has two phones).
While I was talking to her, I got a call from my father. I tried to switch, but he had already hung up. So then I tried to call him back, but just got voice mail. While on his voice mail, my mom called back.
Well, this sort of situation went back and forth for a bit until I finally get back in touch with my mother. She tells me that my father is on his way to bring me the keys.

About 10 minutes later I got a call from my father. He had run out with the keys to the truck, but had neglected to pick up the keys to his truck...
which... I guess... also had his house keys on them.

So... We had to wait for my mother to get home from work to let him into the house so he could get his keys to bring me the keys to the truck. That took a while.

In the meantime, I did manage to pass through several levels on the BreakOut game on my phone.

That's pretty much it for this post.
On to the next...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home