Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Molly Ringwalds

I totally forgot to post about the Molly Ringwalds.
But... before I do...
I just recently discovered that this is the most popular entry on my blog.
On to business...

Saturday night I went to see the Molly Ringwalds at Soul Kitchen. They were fantastic.
Though, the evening was not all good.
I got to Soul Kitchen about 10 to 10. The concert was advertised to begin at 10. I knew it would probably run a bit later than that, but I still felt like getting there early for it.

When I got there, they were not even letting people into the concert area yet. So... I got a drink and panned around for anyone I might know. I knew no one.
I stood around for a while. The room started getting packed.
Then, finally, around 11ish, they let everyone into the back.

I had long since depleted my drink, so I figured it was time to get a new one. I then scouted around for a comfortable spot from which to watch the concert. I found one, and I stood there, waiting for the concert to start. I kept looking around to see if there was anyone I knew, but no luck.

Then... it happened.
Some drunk, lonely, desperate, obese, grotesque, older woman set her sites on me. Despite me giving her the coldest shoulder I think I have ever given anyone, she kept coming back. Every 5-10 minutes she just kept coming over to hit on me. She tried getting me to buy her drinks, she tried getting me to dance with her, she tried leaning on me. She grabbed my hands and told me "I'm your dream" while trying to pull me away from my little spot. Every time she tried pulling me away, I repelled, and I went back to my little spot.

She was relentless. I did not understand it. A couple of times she even walked away saying "f@#k off". The first time this happened, I thought it was finally over. I was wrong. It seemed she was just walking around the room and coming back to me... as if I thought she was someone else. Every time she tried talking to me, I just stared straight at the screens that were playing a Molly Ringwalds Southern Comfort ad over and over. Luckily, the drunk woman was too drunk to notice it was the same thing over and over. I was worried she would get pissed that I was more interested in the screen than her, and start some sort of scene.

Finally, around 12ish, the concert started. The intro was fantastic. About 5 minutes into the concert, SHE returned again. Luckily, the music was so loud, it was very very easy to ignore her.

She stayed away for most of the concert. I was happy.

The music was splendid, and the performance was spectacular.
They had a lot of energy, considering that they had played a concert earlier that day in Louisiana.

Hurrah for the Molly Ringwalds!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! i can't believe that woman kept following you around. Now I know why you wanted me to come.

9:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home