Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Computer

I decided to make some impulse purchases to finish up buying the parts I would need just to get my new computer up and running.
They should hopefully arrive Tuesday.
They would have been here Saturday, but NewEgg does not opt for Saturday deliveries.
They would have been here today, but I am guessing UPS does not work on the first day of the year.
My items have been sitting in Jackson, MS since 4am on Saturday.

So anyway, what were the final items I purchased?

2.2GHz AMD Duel-Core Processor
320GB hard drive.
1GB RAM
DVD-Burner
256 MB Video Card.

As you can probably guess, it was a nice little chunk of change to get these final pieces.
So, I will be highly limiting my expenditures for a little while to counteract this random decision to spend.

Still, though. I am a little excited. I can hardly wait to build my computer when I get home from work tomorrow.

Also... I am having my new monitor replaced. I opened it up to test it out, and it has a dead pixel in the center. I probably could have just lived with it if it had been in a corner or on one of the sides somewhere, but not in the center. I will make due with an extra CRT we have here until I can get the LCD replaced.

On that note, I shall end this post and do some cleaning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

2.2GHz AMD Duel-Core Processor
320GB hard drive.
1GB RAM
DVD-Burner
256 MB Video Card.

I'm lovin' the big hard drive! Awesome specs.

5:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home