Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday the 12th

Forgive me, blog. It has been 12 days since my last post.

It has been an odd time for me.
I suppose I could start with Sunday the Third. I woke up and got ready to head to mass.
As I was getting ready, I felt something on my face. When I touched it, it felt wet. I figured I must not have dried my hair well when I got out of the shower. Though, when I looked at my hand, it was red.

I went through the week thinking I had a mystery gash on the side of my face. I had no clue where it had come from. I did not remember hitting my head, getting stabbed, or getting shot.

Occasionally, if I accidentally scratched it, it would start to bleed again. I would place pressure on it for a while until it would "stop" bleeding.

Sunday the 11th:
I am not exactly sure what I did, but I aggravated the wound. I could not stop the bleeding for half an hour, so I placed some gauze on it and secured it to my head with some tied handkerchiefs. I left those there for several hours. When I removed it, the wound was still bleeding.

I told my friend about it. She is studying to be a doctor. She asked me to come over, so she could check it out. She seemed a little confused by the wound. From her reaction it seemed that she had never seen such a wound. She tried bandaging it, but the bandage had to be large if it was going to stick. They did not stick to hair well. This plan made it nearly impossible for me to wear my glasses comfortably.

So... she asked for permission to shave the area. So, a small patch of my hair got shaved away. This made the wound much more visible. It is just a small hole. Supposedly it is a hole about 2mm in diameter. This was slightly disturbing. Not only did I have an unexplained hole in my head... but worse... this hole will not stop bleeding.

She was prepared to sew it up for me, but she was concerned over not seeing anything like it before. She bandaged me up and told me I should see my doctor. I made an appointment this morning. Tomorrow I shall get my head checked out. My friend mentioned that my doctor would probably wind up sealing the wound by burning it with a bit of silver nitrate. I am not sure how I feel about that.

Well... I suppose I shall end this post now.
So long, blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! What caused this gash on your head? Are you doing better now?

9:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home