Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Different Perspective

Sometimes it is fun to just see how different cultures view something as simple as a birthday.

It was actually only a recently in my life that I found out I was a Rooster in the Chinese Zodiac. Up until then, I just always thought I was a "Dog" because it corresponds to 1982. Though, I recently realized my birthday still technically fell within the year of the Rooster.

Anyway, this is all moot.
I was trained to believe I was born in 1982,
but that is just a western view.
According to the Hebrew calendar, I was born in Tevet in 5742.
Egyptians... I was born in the month of Famenoth.
I am a Goose in the Native American Zodiac.
My astrological zodiac sign is Capricorn.

On the Islamic calendar, I was born in Rabi'u'l-Awal in the year 1402.
On the Mayan calendar? This is my birthdate: 12 baktun 18 katun 8 tun 11 uinal 1 kin
I have no clue what it means, but it looks neat.

Yeah, I know I am weird. Big deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home