Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Out of Character

"Y'all are Horrible, Horrible People!"
I can hear BJD saying that right now. I feel ashamed for what went down today.

One of my coworkers today decided to bring up the idea of creating a sure-fire way of "getting yourself banned from xBox Live".
"Get four guys with blue eyes to shave their heads and create a Rock Band group called 'Third Reich'"

Normally, I would not really make any comments on such a statement. I might say "Hmmmm", and go right back to work.
Not today.
I have no clue what came over me, but I decided to continue the "joke".
In a slightly sarcastic voice, I responded with "Why not 'Reich and Roll'"
As if that wasn't bad enough, I continued.
"And their flagship song could be 'Here I Am, Reich You Like a Holocaust'"

I then had the immediate realization that I had just made a joke about such a horrible atrocity. I had a shiver go down my spine as I looked at another coworker who was holding his face in his hand, holding back laughter, with a slight hint of disbelief.

Yes... that was one of my odd moments for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home