Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Graduation Day

Ok, so yesterday was the day to which my parents have been looking forward for years. I suspect it has something to do with me being the first member of my family to graduate from college.
I was the first graduate to show up. I was a little annoyed by that. I expected to be surrounded by lots of people.
I went to the robing room and asked if there was some secret to keeping the caps on. The secret? Get a better-fitting cap.
While I was there, Sanaa walked by. MAN...she looks even better than she did while she was in school. I would not have expected that.
Well, I waited around for a while, and then I eventually was allowed to walk into the assembling room. I got my name card, walked in, and got in line.....which I started. I stood there for a while. Eventually, I realized the spot I was standing in was wrong. I was in the graduate section.
I moved to the undergrad section, but I was still the only one standing there. I got some refreshments and talked to the people from the alumni association.
Eventually, more and more CIS people showed up, and I finally had someone to talk to.
After a while we lined up and walked to the Mitchell Center Arena. Our little group wound up standing just outside the entrance to the building for about 10 minutes. Once we got inside, Alberta asked me what the music was they were playing. I explained to him about "Pomp and Circumstance" and how it has been an American tradition for a very long time.
...
Ok...eventually, we walked across the stage. So after about 3 or 4 hours of waiting, I finally got my 2.5 seconds of recognition! :-)
3 groups cheered for me. That made me feel special. What scares me, though, is that I do not know one of the groups. My parents and the CIS crew were in the same general area. One group came from behind me to my left. I do not know who that was.

After graduation, I chit-chatted with some of the other grads for a moment. Mrs. McKinney was all teary-eyed. Dr. Langan had congratulated us all already. I then left to go meet my family at the globe. I could not find Tam. I tried calling her, but it was very loud in that area; I could not hear anything. After getting a call from Brian, I decided to move outside to the Jaguar. It took a while to get there, the area immediately outside was rather packed.
Kacey seemed surprised that I actually had parents. I do not know how I managed to obtain the reputation of being a loner.
Mom got pics. Eventually Tam showed up. Lesleigh thought she was very cute.

I left to go turn in my cap & gown then headed to work. I stopped off at the house to freshen up because I got a little sweaty in that robe after so long.
I got there and talked Patricia into working for me. Her payment? I work Tuesday night for the premier of King Kong. So, I work Tuesday from 8pm to 3am, then I have to open Wednesday morning for some special showings of Narnia for some schools. That is going to be a huge pain.

However, the purpose of the exchange was to free me up to hang out with friends last night. I darted off to Mozzerella's American Cafe. I had a steak. It was good.
We left to go bowling at Cameillia ??spelling?? bowling lanes on Shillinger. We stopped off at Brian's house for a moment. I checked out the ferrets. Smokey is losing hair and has some markings on his stomach. I think he is coming down with Adrenal disease. Poor little guy.

We went to the bowling alley and found out no lanes were available. We hit the arcade. Kacey killed me at airhockey. I demanded a rematch. Our standing now is 1-to-1.
We wound up getting ONE lane early. With 10 people, we decided to just bowl teams. I was bowling pretty well until I had a cup of beer. ....however...now that I think about it...it was about that same time we change lanes. Perhaps the lane was a little off? I do not know which to use as my excuse.
We were eventually forced out due to someone else's reservations.
We went to the Bubble Lounge. By this time, the group was down to five. Doug bought us all drinks. I had a Unique Situation. It did me in. However, Kenny bought me a Mr. T. (A Chocolate Martini). That....was the end of me.
I tried to give Brian my keys, but Kacey snatched them.
After a while, twas time to leave. Brian drove me to his house. Kacey had already prepared a place for me to sleep. I swallowed a bottle of water. Brian made me some more.
I remember running around like an airplane outside at some point.

Kacey and Kenny left this morning around 7-something I think.
I woke up several times during the night.
Around noon, my friend in London messaged me to tell me about a huge explosion in London. I tried to check the news, but did not immediately see it.
However, I did find out that Goonies was playing on Cartoon Network for some reason.

I folded up the sheet, placed the pillow on it. I folded over the blanket and left it on the cushions. BTW Kacey, I am sorry if those things smell like smoke. My clothes today still reeked of smoke when I got home. Thanks, Bubble Lounge.

Now, I must go to work in a little bit.
I suppose I should be heading out now.
Till later, blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home