Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Peer Pressure + Alcohol = Drunken Matt

Well...when it comes to alcohol, it does not take much coercing to convince me to drink some.
As was the case last night.
In a stupid effort to not be shown up, I had a larger-than-usual amount of alcohol. Not only that, but, in the process of drinking this alcohol, I managed to end my 10-week streak of living a caffeine-free life. That was accomplished by drinking a combination of Jager and Red Bull.
If that were not enough, Kenny said "now chase it with a shot of Jack"......and I was stupid enough to oblige. So...after drinking two Long Island Iced Teas, I had a Jager Bomb chased with a shot of Jack Daniels. Fifteen minutes later, I was leaning against a wall in the bathroom.
I did not actually regurgitate anything, but I wanted to. I knew I would feel better if I did.
After several minutes of standing in there, I walked out. I was a little dizzy, but as time progressed I began feeling better and better.

Suddenly, my stomach started hurting. I think the greasy chicken was disagreeing with it in an argument. Well...I will spare the details, but I was in the restroom for a couple more minutes. Some guy came in and threw open the shower curtain. (BTW, the "door" to the "stall" was a shower curtain.) He followed by saying "Oh sorry, dude! That's my typical "check to see if anyone's behind the curtain solution."
That was stupid.

Well, I came back out. Onya once again asked if I was OK. She told me to drink some water.
I tried to. I drank lots of water, but that just caused me to have to go to the bathroom very often. We tried to talk her into going to the Bubble Lounge with us. She did not show up.

We all went there. I did not have any more to drink. I did manage to break a glass, though.
At one point, one of the cute girls there started making out with another girl. They walked into the bathroom and did not come out for a few minutes. Hmm....

I got home and could not sleep very well. But OHHH did I try. I watched a little bit of TV first. I think I fell asleep or at least lost consciousness some time between 2:15 and 3. I woke up during that time to turn off the TV. After that, I just kept tossing and turning for the rest of the night until about 8. After 8 I woke up every few minutes to find a new comfortable position. I remember hearing my phone beep. I ignored it. I wish I had answered it. It turned out to be Brian telling me some folks were meeting at Los Arcos at 12:30 for lunch. I totally would have been up for that. But no, I just stayed there trying to get some sleep.
I am pretty certain that I slept pretty well between 1:30 and 3.
Caffeine = bad.
The one good thing about the laying-in-bed and not sleeping part....day dreaming.
As I was drifting in and out of consciousness...for some reason, I kept thinking about Onya.
All I shall say about her is...... wow.

Now...I must go get ready for work. There were other things I wanted to blog about, but I forgot what they were. I guess I should blog them when I think them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quand le vin est tiré il faut le boire.

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

Heh. J'aime ce point de vue. Merci.

1:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home