Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Chili and Family Guy

Sorry for the delay in posting. I was dead tired when I came in from work last night...at 3am.

Anyway, the Chili Cook-Off was a LOT of fun. I am glad I went.
I partook of 5 different animals. I had cow, pig, deer, alligator, and kangaroo.
To be honest, I think Schmirnoff's Venison chili was my favorite. It was really good.
In one of my excursions to get some more to drink, I ran into an old friend from French class. She and her cousin Hope had both lost my phone number. She immediately asked for it. I, of course, gave it to her. I did not see Hope there, though. She is quite possibly the hottest [non PickleFish crew-member] redhead I have ever met. Too bad she is a smoker. Though, I guess that would make her a smoking hot smoker.

We took a break to walk down to the candy shop. The females went in. The males stood across the street in the warm sun. The unmarried males admired the cute passers-by. The married ones probably did too, but did not say anything.

We set up camp in Cathedral Square. I was upset the fountains were not on. I embarrassed myself by trying to walk on my hands. Kenny, Teddy, half of T-anne, and I all threw a small Frisbee around. I was pathetic at it. I wonder what happened to my Frisbee skills. I guess if you do not throw one for several years you lose your touch. I used to play discgolf when I was 10. I remember those days....I could actually throw the thing straight.

After sitting there for a while, Kenny, KC, T-Anne, cBot, and Chie all left. MadDog, BMW-m, and I all headed back down to the cookoff. By then, all the chili was gone. Because of this, they were not charging nor checking for entry. We met up with Doug, Casey, and David. We chatted for a while, then a couple more of my friends popped up. They eventually decided to go over to Picklfish to get some food since they were too late for the chili.

The winners of the cook-off were announced. Oddly enough, the sponsors of the event won.
Doug, Casey, Brian, Jeremy, David, and I all walked down to Hayley's bar. We had some drinks. I had a couple of shots. I enjoyed them. The funny thing is....I had to go to work immediately after that. That made for an interesting hour or so at work...WHICH, by the way, turned out to be the busiest night of the year so far. Nearly 5K people bought tickets yesterday. That makes for a LOT of work.

..........

On a different note. As I was about to leave Pelican the other day, a friend of mine mentioned seeing something on a recent episode of Family Guy that was not funny. She said Stewie was beating up Brian, and that the joke was just taken too far.
I was unaware that episodes were still airing. So, I went home and decided to download it.

Oddly enough, the episode in question is Season 5 Episode 10, though...everywhere I look for download online it is listed as Episode 11.

Anyway...I watched the episode. I was flabbergasted. The entire episode was NOT FUNNY. They took every joke WAY too far. Some of the stuff was just bad. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Quite possibly the funniest things in the episode were: Mike Tyson getting worn out beating up Carol Channing , and a group of "Super Lesbians" singing "Elvira"...but I did not laugh at those. Nothing was appealing about the episode at all, except the last half-second. If you watch it, you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I should be off now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home