Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

American Accents

As I was walking around the projection booth last night, many thoughts ran through my head. I wanted to post about them, but I forgot most of everything.
I did not have my pen with me, so I did not get to write any of them down.
I found a marker, so I wound up writing ONE down before totally forgetting about it.
The thought was...
"Where did the American Accent come from?"
Shouldn't we sound much more like the British people?
I suppose after mixing with French, Spanish, and Native American languages and multiple dialects, our accents were bound to evolve.
My only problem is...I do not know exactly WHAT.
I hate uncertainty. Except in comedy.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home