Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Dark Trekking and Pissed-Off Muslims

On the way home from Picklefish last night I saw someone that must have been suicidal. The person was riding a bike down University Boulevard. The only reason I know this is because my headlights happened to catch a quick glimpse of the SPOKES of the tires. When I was confused about the shiny object in the distance, I was able to make out a silhouette of a person.
The person was draped in dark clothing and had no reflectors on the tires. This was just BEGGING to be hit by a car.

On a different note...I noticed in the news this morning that Muslims are pissed off about a cartoon originally published by a Danish newspaper. They are pissed for at least a couple of reasons. One, the cartoon pictures a depiction of Mohammad. Two, apparently it demonizes Islam.
I can understand why they might be a little perturbed about the second one. The first one I do not understand at all. I know that Islam forbids any representation of Mohammad, but they have got to lighten up.
I distinctly remember seeing a film about Islam once. It told about how Islam started. It featured an actor playing Mohammad. Why was THAT acceptable? Hmm?

Alright...I guess I can still perhaps understand people being angry, but why break into the Danish embassy? It's not like they can "recall" the newspaper. I thought I could respect these people. Now I just want to do a huge Three Stooges style slap on ALL of them.

DEAL WITH IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home