Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Good to be single?

Heck yes.
Being single has wonderful advantages.
I do not have to worry about remembering her birthday.
I do not have to worry about remembering Valentine's day.
I do not have to worry about buying a Christmas present.
I do not have to pay double my normal price for eating dinner out.
I do not have to worry about "accidentally" creating another mouth to feed.
I do not have to worry about catching some strange STD.
I do not have to worry about planning a wedding in the near future.
I do not have to focus any energy on attempting to maintain a healthy relationship.

But sometimes.... when my friends are telling me about problems they are having in their relationships...or sharing the wonders of their relationships.........
it makes me remember my former relationships....... if you can call anything I have ever had a relationship.

It makes me temporarily lonely.
A good night's sleep will help me forget I am lonely.
Tomorrow I shall be fine.

Still though.... a moment of reminiscing...
I started out with ES, then moved on to AW.
AW was interesting.
Well...After AW, I figured I would just try to stay single for a while...
but then I saw NV in class....and she was the most beautiful thing ever.
We shared a wonderful summer, but eventually that came to and end.
I missed her greatly.
Then, I met WC.
I attempted to ask her out, but I failed.
As it turns out, she was "kinda" seeing someone.
I, however, did not find that out until I crossed paths with her the following semester.
I made a second attempt to ask her out, and succeeded.
We dated for a month, that was it.

Of these...my fondest memories are still of NV, our time together, and our little escapades.
I miss her.

....
Aaack.
I need sleep.
Hopefully by morning I will have something else on my mind.
Hopefully I will not reread this blog to remind me that she is on my mind.

BTW, is that even healthy?
Well...I guess dreams are ok. Dreaming about things is great.

Oh well...so long, blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home