Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Mystery Splotches Revealed

"As you may presently yourself fully be aware of, my grammar sucks."

Still, though...as you may already be aware, Gibbet has been suffering from Ferret Pattern Baldness. She started losing her fur a few months ago. Then it suddenly increased.
I figured it was probably Adrenal disease, as the books and websites would have me believe. Unfortunately, the test to confirm this would be $165.

I finally took Gibbet to the vet. Even the vet thought she was a wild one.
Well...the vet mentioned that it may be Adrenal disease.
I had two options. I could have her tested...or I could just try treating her for it without a test.
I opted for the treatment.
I was told that if this first treatment did not work, and I wanted to try a second treatment, that I would have to sign a document stating that I had willingly skipped the test.

While Gibbet was there, the vet noticed some sores on her stomach. I had not seen then the day before...and I had not paid any attention to her that morning, so I was surprised by them. I was worried about them.

Well...Gibbet got some treatment....but it did not seem to help.
Those sores on her stomach got much more pronounced....
but they eventually faded.

I was relieved.

Then some dark splotches showed up on her stomach exactly where the sores had been.
This worried me much more.
Were they bruises? Some form of skin cancer? What?

Well...today... I was giving her a bath and noticed the splotches were much darker. This worried me at first...but then I noticed they weren't splotches. They were little patches of fur!!!
Dark...dark...fur.

Hurray, Gibbet! Your fur is trying to grow back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home