Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Early Christmas

OK, so I stopped by the house yesterday after work.
There was an SUV parked on the corner of the property not far from where I would normally park if I was just stopping by the house for a moment.

I had gotten home a little earlier than usual. About 4:30 my boss came around and said that if I did not have anything pressing to take care of at work, then I could go ahead and take off. I waited around a few minutes then headed my self on out.

I got home about 4:40ish.

When I saw the vehicle, I was highly suspicious. I started looking around the yard. We have recently had some weird person stalking my mom's dog. Not exactly sure. Some sort of PETA-esque nut that seems to think that people should not be allowed to have pets.

After doing a quick perimeter check, I headed inside.
The door was cracked open.
I walked in, and I did not hear anyone moving around.
This was a tad disturbing. I prepared myself for the worst...
though... my father was actually home. So all was well.

I asked him whose truck that was outside.
He told me he thought it was just someone that had broken down.
The person had "parked there, got out, talked on there cell phone for a bit"... and he had not seen them since.

I thought nothing of that.
I packed up a couple things and headed over to Christy's.
I had agreed to stay at the apartment so that the cat would not get completely bored.

Anyway, I came back home this morning to help my father with some things.
I haven't actually done much yet. I wound up heading to WalMart for a bit.

As I was about to head out, I was re-combing my hair.
My father was outside and asked if I could come out there for a minute.
Typically this means he is in the middle of a ask and really needs my help with something.

He asked if there was a way for me to get online and look up the tag of the SUV that was still parked out there and find out who it belongs to.
I told him it was possible, but I would probably have to pay a fee.

Dad: "Oh, oh yeah. That's right. I guess you couldn't. Oh well.... It's your's."

Me: "What?"

Mom: "He bought it for you."

Me: "What?"

Dad: "Here's the keys."

Me: "What?"

Dad: "Come on, let's go a ride so I can show you some of the things about it."

Me: "Are you kidding me?"

<>

Me: "Wow!"

So anyway, it is an older vehicle... but it is completely paid for and insured.
It is a 1992 Ford Explored.
I am not a fan of SUVs..... but it is free.
How can I argue with that?

It has a few small problems I shall have to deal with, but all in all, it is in relatively good shape.

It is a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home