Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Darkness

It was Halloween night when I decided to head over to my friend's house so we could go hang out. I decided to ride out of my neighborhood slowly so as not to risk running over any Trick-or-Treaters.
That is when it dawned on me...
Not only were there no Trick-or-Treaters...
but I realized my neighborhood is very dark.

I just never noticed because I was never really paying attention to my surroundings.
There is huge lack of light.
Plus... the little light that IS expelled by the street lamps... is mostly blocked by trees.
It was quite scary.

Anyway... just an FYI, the Haunting at the Hank was extremely cheesy.
Though, I will say that the guy with the REAL chain saw definitely startled me.
I surely hope that thing had been de-chained.

....
On a random note,
tonight, while WoWing... I decided to farm for some feathers so I could levitate.
I was near a mountain where there just happens to be a shrine.
It's name? The Shrine of the Fallen Warrior.
Occasionally I go there just because.
No real reason. I guess as a simple tribute.
The shrine was "built" in honor of one of the original programmers of the game who suffered an as-of-yet unexplained death.

At the shrine lays a dead Orc. An engraving on the shrine shows the letters "MK", which just happen to stand for "Michel Koiter". In front of him is a guardian angel with a name "Koiter".

There is a point here, I promise.
Ok.. anyway, typically you have to be dead to see these "Spirit Healer" types, but this is a special spirit healer... (it has a name).
They all have the same ambient sound effect.
I was there for a few minutes, not paying any attention while watching South Park..
when it hit me...
The ambient sound effect had some words hidden in it.
I turned up the volume and tried to listen closely.
It seemed like it was playing backwards...
so... I set up my computer to record the audio from my sound card.

I then played that recorded sound backwards.
Unfortunately, I no longer have any GOOD audio editing software on my computer, so I was unable to take out the wind blowing...
and since the words are whispers... it made it very difficult to distinguish actual words.

I am convinced there is something hidden there, but I am not sure what.

Yeah, you thought there was an END to the story, didn't you?
Not yet.

Anyway, that is my blog post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home