Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Still Crazy

My mind does not work as well as it used to. It likes to believe things that any normal, rational person would not believe. It also has some random issues that might seem crazy to most people in the world.

The reason for this is because of my major bout with insomnia a while back.
I thought I had fixed all that stuff and had gotten better.

Over the last few weeks, some random "episodes" have occurred that have caused me to realize my mind is slowly leaving me.

One was pretty scary for me... and I shall not go into details on it. Let's just say it involved a dark room and a light that was on a timer.

The most embarrassing one, though, was from a commercial I saw last night just before going to bed. It was a PSP commercial for a Sonic the Hedgehog game. I am a fan of the franchise. I used to be addicted to the game. I played it constantly. After all, the original Sonic the Hedgehog was the only game I had when I got my Sega Genesis.

Anyway, if you are familiar with the game, then you know that you collect rings for various purposes. One of those purposes, the most important of which... is to stay alive. So long as you have at least one ring, you will not die if you get hit by some random creature. When you have rings and you DO get hit, you hear the sound of all your rings leaving you as they explode away from your little character. If you were lucky, you could grab a couple of the ones you lost really quickly in case you got hit again. It wasn't until last night that I realized exactly how deeply embedded that series of sound effects is in my head.

The commercial showed Sonic getting hit and his rings exploding away from him. It came complete with the sound. What it did NOT have was the sound of Sonic immediately picking up another ring. In fact, for the rest of the commercial... Sonic did not pick up a ring.

For some reason... this disturbed me. I almost felt like I was playing the game. I HAD to hear the chime of a ring being picked up. It didn't happen. I felt horrible. I felt unsafe. It almost seemed like a panic attack.

That was when I realized my mind is on its way out.
I hope my remaining days are enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home