Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Jewel Staite: Catalina Kaylee

A few weeks ago I watched a movie entitled Serenity.
The movie was awesome. It made me want to watch the series it was based on. The series is called "Firefly". I still need to go buy that as soon as I get some extra cash.
There is a point to this little story...
I was highly attracted to the mechanic in the movie. Her name: Kaywinnit Lee Frye, or Kaylee for short.
I felt like I had seen her before, but could not quite place her.
Well...
in yet another one of my insomniatic bouts, I was looking through various stuff and came across a website I have not been to in a while. It is called Jump the Shark. Basically, it lets people list when they think specific television shows lost their edge and should have been cut short.
I started looking through some shows and started to reminisce about my old Nickelodeon days. This made me decide to start looking through old shows and see what other people had to say about them.
Some of my old favorites were Salute Your Shorts, Ren & Stimpy, You Can't Do That on Television, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Rocko's Modern Life, blah blah blah. You know all that crap.
Well...I suddenly remembered having a huge crush on a rainbow headed girl on an old show about some kids in space. So...I decided to look it up.
It was called Space Cases.
In only a few clicks, I found a link between Catalina and Firefly. I thought this was odd, so I read up on it.
The girl that played the cute rainbow-headed chick is the same as the mechanic from Firefly? Could it be true?
I looked it up.

YES! It is true. So now I know where I know her from. I have had a crush on her since I was 14.
The great part about this is that I have had a crush on her since SHE was 14...possibly 13.
She is 5 months younger than I am.
Do you realize what kind of fantasies that forces through my brain?
I am now HORRIBLY pissed that I did not stand in that insanely long line at Dragon*CON to meet her. I think she was there. I did not know what Firefly was at the time, though.
If I knew then what I know now....man...
I just cannot express what I am thinking right now.
I think I am falling in lust.

Well...Jewel...if you are reading this...know this:
You have one more dually-devoted fan.

http://www.fireflywiki.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home