Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Personality Change

Well, I have not had access to the Internet for the last couple of days, so I was unable to make a post to my blog.
There were several things that I wanted to say, but I kindof forgot them now.
I do remember thinking about Credit Cards. They are supposed to be a convenience. They are, for the person carrying the card. They are inconvenient for every person standing behind the person paying with the card. They take more time. Example... If someone buys two tickets to a movie, the total is $15.50. If they give the cashier a $20 bill, then all the cashier has to do is give them $4.50 back. If they pay with a credit card, then the cashier has to ask them for ID, which usually takes a moment for them to pull out. I do not understand why people pull out their cards and then put their wallets back up. After that, they have to swipe the card, confirm the amounts, and wait for the card to be approved. Once that is complete, they have to wait for the receipt to print then get the customer to sign the receipt. This is insane. Get some CASH people!!

Ok... Now on to the reason for the title of this post.
Yesterday, while we were busy and lacking employees, I had to tear some tickets for a while. This girl came through that was absolutely gorgeous. Our eyes locked for a longer-than-usual length of time. I could not turn away. I just kept looking into her eyes until she made her turn to get into her theatre.
For the next few minutes or so... I kept trying to figure out some scenario that would result in me seeing her again. I knew it probably would not happen because we were so busy. She had already been to the concession stand, so there was not much hope of her coming back.
Well, about an hour into the film, the rectifier died. It was almost as if it was divine intervention. Michael and I had to perform an emergency fix on the projector. We got it back up and running. Protocol dictates that I then make sure I get everyone in the auditorium passes to come back another time. I was secretly very happy. Of course...we were extremely busy, so I had to keep a close eye on the time.
Well, eventually, the time came for me to go hand all the patrons in that auditorium some passes. I actually had to chase down a couple that were leaving through the emergency exit. I could see the girl sitting by herself in the center of the auditorium. I was hoping she would be the last one to leave, that way I could focus my attention on her instead of the remaining patrons. Well, she was not. After her there were four more people.
However, as soon as I gave this girl her pass and apologized to her, she took the time to step to the side and initiate a small conversation with me. Apparently, she works in a theatre in Atlanta, and she was just curious what had actually happened Her guess was that the bulb had exploded. It was a good guess, but it was not correct. I told her what happened.
Well...she smiled, thanked me, and turned around to leave.
The female employee standing next to me yelled at me to "Go Get Her!!".
I knew I couldn't because I still had to hand out passes. ...... Though... I made a decision...
I handed the remaining passes to the employee and told her to give them to the customers.
I then hurried out the door to find the girl. I was highly disappointed to not see her anywhere.
I walked all the way to the front and back. I did not see her anywhere.
There were two possibilities. She either went out the side exit, or was still in the restroom.
Well, in coming back down near the auditorium, there were some confused older patrons looking for the way out. I was trying to explain to them where they could go and where each path led. As they finally made their choice on which direction to travel.... I turned. There she was!!!
I did not know what to say. After all...I never talk to girls much.
So...I just said the first thing that came to mind.
"For which chain do you work?"
It turned out to be a good opening line. We talked for a few minutes...... Walking ever-so-slowly back to the front of the building. She smiled the whole time we were talking.
She does not live in Mobile, and there are no Wallace or Hollywood theatres in her area, and she does not come to Mobile very often. I jokingly made a comment that the pass I just gave her was useless since she would not be able to use it. She responded by saying that she would be in Mobile for a few days. By this point, we were near the exit. I told her she should come back soon and see another movie. I did not say what was on my mind (I wanted to thank her for coming because she was very pleasant on the eyes). That may have been a little over the top.
Well, she smiled and said "OK" when I mentioned coming back to the theatre. As she turned to leave, I told her to have a great day. She turned back around momentarily to return the wish. I ran off to the box office to get them some much-needed change. As I was in there, I was able to watch the girl walking to her car. Man.... She was just plain....... Gorgeous.

Now...that may not seem like much to most of you readers out there, but there are a couple of things one must consider.
I rarely talk to girls, and I never talk to them in such a way while I am at work... SO that was a first for me.

This is the reason for the title. It seems as though my personality is changing. I say this because I would not normally engage in such an endeavor.

Also, last night at Picklefish, I was talking to Onya. I was not really paying much attention to what I was saying. I do remember at one point saying something without thinking about it first... And I managed to insult the people sitting with me. However... Kenny questioned where I was suddenly getting the ability to talk to girls.

I just do not know.
Maybe my mindset is just starting not to care about rejection any more.

Or maybe my mind is just desperate because I have not even tried to go on a date since March of 2004. .... Or... Wait.... maybe 2003? I forget. It has been a while.

Anyway, I should probably end this post now.
Goodbye, blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

Matt, I'm an old lady and a spinster. Here's hoping you get lucky in 2006! Go for it!

6:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, it's better to be lonely than to date an emty-headed, easy-going person. Be able to await, seek and you'll find.

Love suffereth long and is kind; it envieth not, vauteth not itself, is not puffed up, bearth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

7:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home