Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bad Luck + Rejection

It's official.
CTS does not want me.
The rejection letter came in the mail today.

On another note, tonight at work was extremely busy.
I only made a few enemies, though.
One woman got pissed when I asked her for her ID when she attempted to pay with her Visa.
One woman got pissed when I would not take extra time out of my schedule to go look for someone for her. I guess I should explain that my reasons for this were simply that she had no clue where the person was. I cannot take the time to check 18 friggen auditoriums.
Oh, and one woman got pissed when I told her off.
Basically, she had formed her own line at a closed register, then got mad after she sat there for a "while" and no one was helping her. She said the girl running the register had just walked off. I know this was a lie. The reason? I had personally shut down those registers over half an hour earlier. She got all uppity with me. She got even more pissed when she said "Oh, so I guess I am wrong then? So the customer is not right?"......and my response was "Apparently not in THIS case!". I then walked away.
She was not happy with me. I came back a moment later to get something, and she yelled at me again. She pointed to all the people STILL standing in the line and said "I guess all of THEM are wrong too, huh?" To which I replied, "Ma'am, they all lined up because YOU were there."
I then walked to the line and told the people there that it was NOT a line. The first person totally ignored me and started to place an order. So then, I got more assertive and said the same thing again while making "NO" motions with my arms.
I basically had to do the same thing with each person in the line.
They were not happy with me, but I was not the one stupid enough to stand behind two registers that clearly stated "STATION CLOSED" and HAD stated that for at least 30 minutes. I am actually pretty sure it was closer to 45 minutes.

ANYWAY...
It started to rain by the time we were completely closed down.
I wound up leaving work around 1:30 I think. I am not exactly sure. My friend's car would not crank, so I offered to drive him to the gas station (cause he thought he MIGHT be out of gas). We drove to a gas station and came back to the theatre. His car still would not crank. He wanted to try a second gallon, so we drove back to the gas station.
While we were there, my truck failed to recrank. (This is the bad luck part).
I called my father to ask if he had been having any problems with the truck. Of course, any time I have even the slightest bit of car trouble, my father likes to hightail it to whatever location I might be occupying at the time to help fix the vehicle. Keep in mind, this was past 2am.
Anyway, we wound up getting in cranked by opening the choke some. I called my father to let him know. He had not left the house yet, but he still wanted to check out the car, so he said he would meet me back at the theatre.

We start to drive back to the theatre, and we hit a bum while turning out of the gas station. Oddly enough, the guy was wearing clown makeup on half his face.
Heh...I'm just kidding.
...
There was no makeup.
That reminds me, though. You cannot have Vehicular Manslaughter without laughter.

Anyway, we get back to the theatre and try to get his car cranking. Luckily, by this point, the rain had decreased to a slight drizzle.

The car still would not crank.
We decided to move it into one of the handicapped spots, just because.
When we got it over there, we fiddled with the battery cables. After that, it cranked just fine.
This boggles my mind, though I know it is possible....even though the car did not SEEM to have any problems trying to crank...I guess it just did not have quite enough juice to get the car totally cranked. The cables were very corroded.
Still...it was cranked. I followed him back to the gas station to make sure it was full of gas. (I suppose I should explain that his gas gauge does not work.)
His car re-cranks, and we begin our trek home (parents and I).

That is pretty much it for the evening.
Since I got my W2 from The Vanguard today as well (it came at the same time the rejection letter from CTS did)...I think I may actually do my taxes now in hopes of getting my refund soon.

Oh yeah, and the bum is fine. It turns out he doesn't exist, so he didn't really feel any pain or anything. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home