Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Deal or No Deal Casting Call Experience

Ok, so I totally screwed up my casting...
but I still had fun.

I thought that they would ask us how we intended to spend the money.
Instead, I was asked to describe myself.... explain what makes me unique.
I completely choked.

A friend of mine told me I should have said something along the lines of:
I used to work for a movie theatre, but now I develop websites for gynocological clinics.

Another friend told me I should have mentioned my vicious ferret.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Still, though, it was fun.

I arrove at the stadium a little early. I got there about 8am. I had no problems finding a parking space, but many of the people in line with me did. Apparently, right after I arrived, they closed off the stadium parking lot.... So...several hundred...possibly a couple thousand people drove down the street and used the theatre's parking lot.
After my interview, I actually stopped by Hollywood to see how things were going. I wanted to see how full the parking lot was...
and yes....it was packed almost to the brim.
I decided to visit with my people inside the theatre....and they were not very busy at all.
It was funny.

Anyway,
I stayed in line for over 4 hours.
I chatted with people and discussed various things.
Apparently, only one other person I talked to had filled out the same application as I did.
Everyone else had a "short version". Like, 2 pages.
Mine was 9 pages.... and it seemed almost like a job application.
As I was walking up to my interview.... one of the guys directing people took my application from me and started scanning through it.
I thought THIS was highly strange since I did not see him do that with anyone else. I guess maybe it had something to do with my application being much thicker than everyone else's.

I got to hold up my application in front of a camera. On the back of the application I had written my name and phone number in big bold letters.
Then, I had 30 seconds to sell myself.
I did very poorly.

However.... I did accomplish a couple of things the casting director stated he wanted to see...
Someone that could not stop smiling...
and
someone that could not stop moving.

The moving part was not difficult at all.
The smiling part was a tad more involved.
What I wound up doing was constantly thinking about my all-time favorite Garfield comic.

It was winter...and Jon was preparing to run outside to play in the snow, but Garfield and Odie were already outside. When he ran out, all of the snow in the yard was gone. He turned around and saw a giant, angered-looking Snowman head on top of the roof staring back at him, while Garfield seemed pleased with his work. The work on Jon's face was one of the most hilarious things I had ever seen. I cannot look at that coming without laughing.

It was very useful. In fact, I had to stifle some chuckles a couple of times.

I had a good time,
but in retrospect... I do regret missing hanging out with my friends at the Battleship. That would have been tons of fun.

I shall have to make sure I make our next outing.


....

After the casting, I headed over to Springhill Toyota to catch up with Julie. At the last minute before walking into the stadium, I had given her my cooler to hold for me. Thanks, Julie!
I did not want to lose my place in line by running back to put it in my truck. They told us at the last minute that we were not allowed to carry coolers into the stadium.

So, while I was at Springhill Toyota, I decided to check out the Yarises. Unfortunately, after looking at every car on the lot, I only saw one. I did not like the color.
I headed home and checked some prices on Yari online. I tried to use Palmer's "Build Your Own" program to put in the features I like, but it just sat at the Loading screen forever. I think it was just broken.

I headed over to Shillinger to visit Palmer's Toyota Superstore. They had two Yari. Neither was a color I liked, nor did they have all the features I wanted.
I want a friggen Tachometer!!
Unfortunately, it seems the only way to get that is with the "Power Package"... which includes all the power feature: locks, windows, seats....and whatnot. That adds like 12-15 hundred dollars to the price.
What I need to do is learn how to drive a manual transmission... that way I can afford the power package, because I can probably take $800 off the price by going for manual.

I spoke with a Salesperson who is hopefully going to call me when they get a red one in with a Tachometer. I do not have a real good reason for wanting one.... I just do... alright?

I hope to get a new car soon.

Oh well... I shall end this post now.
Catch you all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home