Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Something is Wrong Here

Ok...
most of the people that know me know that I have a sleeping problem.
My doctor, after trying Ambien, prescribed me Trazodone.
After my last experience with this, I posted what I had "seen".
Then... Brian sent me this link that was sent to him by "kc".
http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-d03.html

Well....after reading through this...I am highly concerned...and rather confused.

Trazodone appears to be a treatment for Depression.
I am not depressed. I am SLEEPY...and I cannot sleep. Why am I taking depression medicine?
One of the side effects is priapism, which is a fancy word for "never-ending hard-on".
...I am not going to go into details on here as to the extensiveness of THAT.
.....
and one of the worst side effects I noticed was....INSOMNIA!
Why on EARTH did my doctor prescribe me a medicine for insomnia that causes INSOMNIA!?
I am trying to get RID of the insomnia.
I think she gave me the wrong medicine.
Time to schedule another visit...so I can slap her....then get the right medicine.
I do not need to have any more of those hallucinations. That just plain sucked. I was scared out of my wits completely for half an hour!
I officially hate Ambien AND Trazodone.

...
That priapism stuff may make for a wonderful anecdote at a party after much alcohol has been consumed. I'll need it.
No medicine for me for the rest of the week.
So long, fair blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger KC said...

I asked one of the docs. She said Trazadone was the "big guns" for insomnia. If you take ambien and don't give it a full 8 hours it can cause you to do things and not remember it. She also said Sonata was good and that it is like ambien but you don't have to have 8 hours and there are less side effects.

12:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home