Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Friday, February 17, 2006

ABS

Anti-Lock Breaking Systems ROCK. Perhaps many of you do not realize it because you take them for granted. Well...I gained a high appreciation for them today when I was driving my old truck around in the damp weather. My breaks locked up and I began to skid along the road.
When you are heading into a busy intersection and cannot stop...it really makes your heart begin to race. The funny thing is...I was not even driving that fast. I knew I was going to have to slow down or stop before turning right...so I started slowing down way in advance. I would estimate I was doing somewhere between 15mph and 25mph when my breaks locked up. Maybe even a little less. The only thing I could do was try my best to turn away from any other vehicles. Of course...that meant popping up onto the little concrete divider.
Oh well...it made for a great eye-opener.
I cannot wait to get my car back....or get a new car.

....

Here is where I planned to rant about Hollywood, but I will save that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home