Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

So today is the dreaded Valentine's Day.
I actually enjoyed my day, despite the fact I am single.
I went to the bank to get some money to pay some bills. It started raining on my way there, so I got wet walking into the bank. I was withdrawing quite a bit of cash, which is why I did not use the ATM. In verifying my account, the teller mentioned, "I see you sent flowers to someone."
I said my normal "Heh."
We chatted about that for a bit.

I eventually got my cash.
I rushed to my truck to avoid getting completely soaked. The truck would not crank. I sat there for a bit. When the rain subsided, I popped the hood, pulled off the air filter cover, and opened up the choke. I then cranked the truck, removed my clothespin, shut the hood, and got back in the truck.

I drove to Walmart Neighborhood Market and sent an express payment. I then explored for a bit. I got a huge bag of Gummie Bears and four pints of ice cream in flavors I decided to try. Tam called while I was there. She let me know she and her sister were going to try on dresses. So, O guess that pretty much meant our date for the evening was off. Oh well.

I put the stuff in my truck and then walked over to Regions to pay on my student loan. I walked up to the cutest teller and told her I needed to pay on my loan, but had no clue how much I owed. I have not received a statement in a while. Her computer showed a balance of Zero. So, she called the student loan department. They told what I needed to pay, and so...I did. That teller was very cute.

Anyway, I went back to the truck and drove my ice cream home. I then planned to go to the park, but the rain increased again. I opted for PetSmart. I needed to buy a new collar and leash for Gibbet. I also bought her a tube to play in. I put that stuff in my truck after setting off the alarms at PetSmart. I then walked to Books-A-Million.

I wandered around BAM for a while. I bought a copy of Darwin Awards III, Garfield's Guide To Everything, and The New York Bartender's Guide.
I also saw a couple of other books, I decided to check their prices online. I got them on Buy.com much cheaper.

I took my purchases to my truck and then walked over to Blockbuster Video. I found a couple of movies that looked interesting, but then remembered my Blockbuster card was in my car, which was locked up at the shop. I did not want to wait in the long line to find out if I did not need it, so I perused the games-for-sale section. I did not find anything of great interest. Then, I remembered that the Price is Right Million Dollar Spectacular was due to come on. I checked the time and noticed I had 7 minutes left. I walked out, got in my truck, and drove home. I switched to CBS just in time to catch the opening. It was a good show.

In blogging at this moment...I am extremely hungry. I rather wish my date was not canceled. I could use a nice meal out. I still have not decided whether I shall eat here or attempt to go out to eat somewhere.

At one point today, K from T called. She set me up with a meeting with C the VP next Tuesday a 2. I am optimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home