Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Internot

OK...
So...in playing around with some of the vital files on my computer, I managed to majorly screw up some stuff. When Linux would not let me copy my backed-up files back to the Windows directory...I know I had royally screwed things up...so I attempted a reinstall of XP. It lets me boot my computer, but now it has so many errors, the computer is useless. I cannot access the Internet from home on my computer right now.
This, of course, will be changed when I reformat my computer...which will happen as soon as I back up some of the important stuff. I think all the photos I have taken in the last couple of years are now on my main drive. Those are my main concern. Once I copy those over to the other drive, then check to make sure there is nothing else I need to keep...I can format it.
This time, I think I will partition the drive, so I can also install Linux and play around with it some.

On a different note..
About three minutes after arriving to work yesterday, I got a message saying I had a phone call from a client. The person asked if I wanted to take the call or have them call back later.
I, of course, was like... "Quoi!?"
I do not talk to clients. Why would I have one on the phone for me.
The person even claimed to have already dealt with me before.
This had me highly perplexed...
until...
I realized the person giving me the message had the wrong Matthew D.
We both laughed at that, I sighed a wonderful sigh of relief of not having to deal with a customer, and I went back to work.

Speaking of TeVo...
One of the things they have me doing is setting up "Courtesy Sites"....
which are basically temporary (or sometimes longer) sites we set up for clients until their "real" website is designed and built.
This is a very VERY monotonous task. Basically...I just have to pick out the files that match and insert the client's information in the appropriate spots.
This is time consuming too.
So, I am thinking of asking permission to take some of the source files home with me so I can design a quick program to just do all that work for me. It would let me type in the information, then it would find the appropriate spots in the ASP files and insert the text.
It would output the files to the appropriate directories....
and all I would have left to do would be to edit the graphics to match.
Wouldn't that be grand?
Though...
I guess I DO need to make sure I get my computer working before I do that.

Well...it's 7:59AM. I guess I better get off this blogger now. Time for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home