Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Looking for Gibbet

Well,
I just spent the last few hours searching my neighborhood for Gibbet.
I thought she had somehow gotten outside while I was doing laundry.
She was not responding to any of my calls or to the crinkling of snack packets inside the house........and that has never happened.
I started getting very very worried.
I went outside and looked around, I did not see or hear anything. I checked every edge of the property.
I occasionally checked back inside to make sure I did not see miss her somewhere.
I walked down the street calling her name and crinkling the snack bag loudly.
Still...no response.
At one point, I had a hallucination. I thought I saw her inside, but I didn't.
That freaked me out some, but I figured it was just a mental thing. I wanted to see her so badly that my mind made it happen.
I searched and searched and searched.
Eventually, my mother came outside to tell me she was in her cage.
"WHAT?!"
I run in, and there she was...in her cage, drinking some water.
She was not there before. She did not respond to any calls.
She must have been asleep, but how did she sleep through such loud noises?
I do not know,
but I am glad to have her back!!
Yay, Gibbet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home