Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Movie Mania

Ok, the subject of this post is not completely accurate.

Disclaimer: What I am about to say may sound racist...but it is not really. It is tailored to a specific group.
Get Rich or Die Trying
...
The clientele for this movie...I despise.
I almost got killed over $10.
Some cheapskate short-change artist accused us of short-changing him. This was opening day of the film (Wednesday). We were exceptionally busy. I had one concessionaire and one box office attendant. We had lines...which is not normal for a typical Wednesday afternoon.
All of a sudden some guy was complaining to me that my box office worker short-changed him $10.
What sucks about this situation is that I have to drop what I am doing to count the drawer and inconvenience the other waiting customers. This forced me to stop helping the concessionaire and allow the lines to grow longer.
I told the customer I would verify the teal and, if it was over, I would bring them their money.
Customer: "There's no IF, it WILL be over."
Me: "Ok, we shall see."

So...I go transfer the attendant to another register quickly and verify the first teal.
It was dead even. So I took it a step further and verified the credit cards, passes, gift certificates, super savers, etc. Everything balanced.
I was not about to even consider the option that my employee randomly stuffed $10 into her pockets. She has never done it, and she has worked there longer than I have.

So, later..after the movie, the couple came back to get their money. The guy was in the bathroom. The woman held out her hand as I was walking up to her. At this, I KNEW the situation would not go well.
I explained to her that I had no evidence that the worker had short-changed them.
This made her immediately angry.
The husband came out. I said the same thing to him. He immediately became violent and extremely profane.
For some strange reason, my adrenaline was not flowing like it normally would be in this situation. I was super calm. This turned out to be a bad thing. Eventually, the guy made the motion of throwing a punch at me. I was totally unprepared for it. I definitely should have expected it after he became violent.
The guy was much much larger than me. The fist was actually coming DOWN toward my face. I was already backed up against the concession stand, so I could not jump backwards. There was a trash can to my right, which would have been the best direction to jump. The wife was to my left. I had essentially boxed myself in. If he had actually followed through with the punch, I would have been screwed. I was only able to flinch backward from the waist up. I had my arms up to block, but they probably would not have done much.

All this over $10.
I should have been very angry. He was trying to con the company out of money.
He had to be like...33, and he was dressed like a thug.
What crap!
I totally do not have any respect for these types of people any more.


....

On a completely different note...
I wish theatres would not sell items such as Nachos and Hot Dogs! They are not traditional movie foods. I think movie theatres should be limited to sodas, candy, and popcorn.
AND..... Why do people buy these items!? The theatre is NOT the place to be eating dinner.
EAT BEFORE YOU COME you friggen fatties!
If I see a person come up to the stand and order a Nacho, Large Popcorn, Hot Dog, 2 Large drinks, and two boxes of candy, ...and there are less than 3 people in the group...I just look at them and sigh.
THEN......why do they complain about the price? They could simply go eat at a restaurant before coming to the movie. It is THEIR fault they are paying so much. You can read the menus yourself!! They are right there. They have the prices listed.

Oh...WHY must people get angry with me if they are missing their movie? They come LATE to the movie...then they order tons of stuff at the concession stand...then they get violent and angry because they are "missing their movie". It is THEIR FAULT.

I cannot wait to get a job where I do not have to deal with these stupid people any more.
I am sick and tired of it.
Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home