Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Nothingness...

Well...it has been pretty boring for me recently.

The highlight of my week was Picklefish, which is sad since Picklefish was a huge disappointment this week. Next time, back to the original. I think we should train Onya. Then again, maybe they have hired new people since the last time we were there.

This weekend sucked at work. Friday was not so bad, I wound up working floor. I do not mind cleaning theaters. I hate working concession. However, I was the only manager closing concession. That was interesting. I had to count all the inventory. I also restocked it all. I am glad I did, because Saturday turned out to be insanely busy....relatively. Saturday, I spent the entire evening in concession. From the moment I arrived, we were busy. It was not so much that we were totally SLAMMED, but the large number of customers versus the smaller-than-usual number of employees really hurt us. We had two concessionaires. Luckily, we stole a box cashier to help us. One manager stayed to work night shift with us. All of us worked concession. Having only a couple of box cashiers created huge lines outside, but kind of helped bottleneck people some. Lines were huge everywhere.
Sunday was pretty bad too. We were short on employees, we stayed busy, and the Jewish Film Festival started. That was packed as well.
Such is life.
Late last night I headed over to Wynnsong to attempt to get some of their prices for concession. Our company likes to do price surveys, so we have to update them on the prices of our local competitors. The problem is that, for some reason, Carmike is highly secretive of their prices when it comes to the competition. I do not understand why.

Nothing of interest has happened to me recently. No special happenings. No surprisingly unusual circumstances. Boring! The only thing I have to look forward to is work tonight. I am beginning to hate my life. I need to make some improvements.

I actually got some sleep last night!! I fell asleep around 2:45-3:00. I woke up again some time around 6. It was great. I woke up and fixed a bowl of cereal.

Today...I shall go to the book store and pick up my graduation invitations. I shall also make another attempt to contact the OTS recruiter for the Air Force. She never did call me back. I figure, since I am off work tomorrow, if need be, I can drive to meet up with her. My car should be able to make it to Pensacola with no major problems. Making it back is questionable.
We shall see. I am getting ahead of myself. I do not know yet what will happen. Maybe she will be out of the office again, like last time.

All I know is...I need to do something with my life.
I want a good job, but those are scarce.
I was thinking about the AF Reserves, but I am actually contemplating Active Duty.

I should end this post. It is going nowhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian Wright said...

Well, its not the best in job selection but you can check here and if I hear of any positions opening up i'll let you know.

http://www.cis.usouthal.edu/jobs.php

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Brian Wright said...

Oh, i did get this email from Dr. Hain:
"Four jobs are available at Mentor Graphics. Basic skill must include C/C++ knowledge, OS & arch. Ideal for Dec grad finishing 498 right now, but Mentor/AT is willing to work with the students even if at Jr level. Please contact Dr. Doran ASAP if you are interested."

12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home