Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

More Web Space

I used to host a website using a service called Powweb. Then I just let my site be hosted for free by the company that registered the name. This gave me only 5 megs of space.
Today, at random, I decided to purchase some web space on GoDaddy. They were the first people I found that did not charge for an entire year in advance. Plus, they also had a cheap plan (only $4/month). I figured I would try them out for a couple of months. After all, I can always change it.
I got the space. I pointed the DNS in the right direction.
Now, when I try to access matthewdavis.org, it just tells me the website cannot be found.
I am just assuming it will eventually work itself out.
I want to post stuff on my site.
Last night I attempted to post an old video from one of BJD's parties, but Google won't let me post such things on this blog. So....space is needed.
For the $4, I get roughly 5GB. I think that is not so bad.
When I can afford it, I may go back to Powweb. It is "$7.77/month" annually, but it is roughly 12GB of space. The only drawback with Powweb is that I do not know PHP yet.
Godaddy uses Windows servers, so ASP is possible.
I really need to learn PHP.

Regardless...now I can start creating some cool pages and content without being limited to that 5MB.
I hope to create a small jukebox on one page. That should be pretty cool.

::::
Apparently, my corruption is not even corruption.
The PF crew seems to think that it is healthy to be corrupted.
This sounds like more corruption to me! :-)
Maybe I should go to church more.
Oh well.

On another PF note. Jan was very touchy-feely tonight. She brushed my shoulder and tickled my back. That was pretty interesting.
On a sad note, many of the guys sitting across from us brushed up against me as well as they were passing by me.
On a happy note, I got a nice hug from Onya.
Thanks, Kenny.

On a disturbing note...
I left a candle burning in my room while I was at Picklefish.
Thankfully it did not burn down my house.
I must be more careful.

On a happy note...
My father got a promotion and a raise today.
Things are looking up.

On a pathetic note...
I still do not yet have a good job.

Next week at Picklefish, I think I will start my birthday celebration early and have much to drink. I wonder if I should even bother trying to get that night off work. I doubt I will. So, I guess I might as well celebrate Thursday.

I still need to finish up my room.
I am also a little tired.
I am glad my sleeping patterns have gotten back to normal.
Well...close to normal.
I keep managing to wake up at 8am despite the fact that I do not set my alarm. I want to sleep longer. I guess it is good that I can wake up early. I guess the fact that I stay awake for so long helps me get to sleep the next day.
Also...DDR has helped me too.
It gives me mucho exercise, I tire myself out, eat lots of food to compensate. The food makes me sleepy, and I fall asleep.
The time I go to sleep seems to be relative to the time I get home.
If I get home at 7, I fall asleep by 9.
If I get home at 1, I fall asleep by 3.
Things are looking up! :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See.. I hear that ALOT about DDR.. but I can't seem to enjoy playing it. (It may be that both times I've tried the game it was in public arcades and I was totally scared of making a fool of myself). I may have to buy the game for my ps2 and see if I like it in the confinements of my own house.

5:11 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

I've an old version for the PS1 if you wish to borrow it.
Also, we now have an old version in the arcade at the theatre, which I sometimes play after hours....out of the viewing eye of the public.

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home