Favorite word = "Flibbertigibbet". Meaning = silly / flighty person. Phlibbertigibbet = Me.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Mine

Ok, I suppose I should post something about the mine situation in West Virginia.

I knew there was little hope to find those guys alive.
I was awake last night when news was released that 12 miners were alive and 1 had perished.
All the news agencies were reporting it. Even major international news organizations posted articles online about it.

Later, some time between 2 and 3 (I cannot quite remember exactly when), I was flipping through the channels on TV and saw on Fox News the headline: "12 Miners Found Dead, 1 Survivor".
I thought this was a misprint. Then, the headline changed to "What We Were Told Earlier Was Wrong". So, instead of 12 being alive and 1 dead, it was actually true that 12 were dead and 1 was alive.

Now, I admit that I think it was wrong to let these people think this and celebrate it was true that 12 were alive. Now these people are all angry that they were lied to. I can understand that.
They are all blaming either the governor, the CEO of the mining company, or some random guy in the church. So none of them know exactly who was responsible for spreading the "good news".
Now....WHY on Earth would you go on celebrating something that was not confirmed?
Oh, I know...because the NEWS agencies were reporting it.
NOW...THIS is what pissed me off. WHY on EARTH did these various media outlets report news that was not confirmed!??!? NONE of them had a viable source for what they were reporting...except each other. This was the stupidest thing I have seen in a while.

Now...what pissed me off the most....
Was that at about 3:15...CNN put some angry hicks on TV LIVE to ask them questions about how they felt about the situation.
I do not know what they were thinking when they did this, but I blame them for their own stupidity when the hicks started arguing with the interviewer and blaming the media for their mistake. These people could not even use proper ENGLISH. Ok, I can understand maybe that a couple of mistakes should be allowed considering that they are in mourning.... But not one single sentence they spoke belonged to the English language. It hurt my ears and made me lose respect for CNN. I lost even more respect for West Virginia. I thought they had a better school system.

Do NOT put angry rednecks on TV live. You are just asking for trouble. Wait until they are calmed down. I live in the Deep South. I know how stupid some of these people are and how much stupider they get when a camera is running.

Shame on you, CNN. Shame on you.

Also, one of the hicks said she was going to sue.
Who? ...and for What?
Who are you going to sue? for What are you going to sue?
You do not know who started the false news.
You DO NOT know what caused the explosion.
YOU are responsible for believing false information.
You stupid, stupid person you.
You should not say "I'm suin'" if you do not even know what a lawyer is.
You remind me of all the pathetic little kids at the theatre that tell me they are going to sue me for kicking them out of the theatre.

I am just pissed at the whole situation.

Stupid mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger MadDogGTO said...

I did read an article today (agian media (MSNBC.com) so who knows how reliable) but it said their were numerous safety probs at the mine that have not been addressed for some time. If thats so, then some stuff should go down. If not, then there were mistakes on (stupid) news and just let the people (families) get on with their lives as best they can and not draw this thing out. Tis a sad situation.

2:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a shirt that says "Don't put angry redknecks on live TV".

you have any copyrights on that?

4:16 PM

 
Blogger Matt said...

No copyrights on the T-shirt idea, no. Though, if you make any money off the idea, I want one of the shirts.

8:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home